Monday 16 September 2019

Do You Believe in Karma?


Do you believe in karma? The topic of karma was not something I had previously thought much about before I began studying Qabalah and the Tree of Life. But the more I looked into the concept of karma the more I realised that actually - for me - it made a lot of sense. I think that karma is generally considered to be a sort of punishment and therefore it can make us feel uncomfortable to think about. My understanding of karma and karmic conditions has changed, and grown, since I first began my own personal spiritual journey and although it often feels like 'tough love' I feel I would rather know what I need to pay attention to in my life, than not. 


I think the first myth that I had to get past was that I was being punished when my life was not going the way I wanted. I understand it now to be more like a rebalancing of the scales. It still hurts .... but at least I feel better equipped to deal with it.

When you begin studying Qabalah and the Tree of Life you start on the ground floor and get the basics under your belt first. The topic of karma is more fully explored and examined in the sphere of Geburah, which is situated in the realms of the soul on the Tree of Life.

The temptation to jump ahead on the Tree of Life must be overcome because unless you really get to grips with the teachings of Malkuth, and the area of the personality, the rest of the Tree will just keep throwing you back down to Malkuth until you really do start the process of getting your life in order and properly recognise the way you behave in the everyday world and operate as a personality.

The Order of the White Lion is a teaching site that deals with all aspects of physical and spiritual life. There is a load of information under the 'Karma' section to aid your understanding further and for those that wish to study Qabalah and the Tree of Life in more detail there is a complete series of down to earth workbooks. The workbooks begin with the sephirah Malkuth and finish with Kether. Each workbook includes meditations that take you into each of the temples. These temples can be used as connection points to help you strengthen your connection with your higher self.

Working your way up the Tree of Life will help you to raise awareness of your Self, your environment and those around you. This is how you will learn to play the game of life more effectively and transmute your karma.

Useful links:

The Order of the White Lion

Qabalah Articles

Karma

Outwitting Karma

Practical Qabalah book range

Soul Consciousness

Tree of Life

Getting started with Qabalah and the Tree of Life