Friday 15 June 2018

A Spiritual Journey beginning on the Ground Floor


Everyone has their own perspective on what a spiritual journey is.  For me it began when I made a conscious decision to live a happier, more fulfilling and productive life.

It doesn't sound very spiritual - beginning on the ground floor, but it was the right approach for me.

I took my first steps preparing for my journey without realising it.  I put it down to synchronicity - being in the right place at the right time.  When I look back I can see I followed a trail, the result of circumstances and situations that occurred at the time.

I could have wandered off in a different direction - but I didn't.  Whatever force was guiding me did it in such a gentle and subtle way there was no reason for me - Lorraine, the personality - to object and run a mile.

My studies began at the Mystery School of Maat.  It was starting on the ground floor getting to Know Thy Self - examining my personality and the life I had created for myself - that inspired me to up my game and consciously strive to be a better person.  It might seem an odd way to embark on a spiritual adventure but had I been steered in the direction of meditating for hours on end I would never have stayed the course.

I loved the classes. They were what I considered to be 'down to earth'. Had I been fast-tracked to anything deeper or more intense I would have been lost.  I needed a tangible approach.  Something I could grab hold of and easily understand.  Vague impressions were lost on me.  Endless meditation bored me.  There were many times when I got frustrated with some of my more ethereal colleagues who wanted to engage in deep and meaningful discussions about dreams and visualisations.  I just wanted to know how it related to everyday life.

There were times when I wasn't very tactful.  The longer others took to divulge their insights, the more succinct I became in my response.

That was an important lesson I discovered about myself.  Some people are able to express themselves more clearly than others.  It doesn't necessarily mean that those who need more time have a lesser message to convey.

But there was still the other important factor - as far as I was concerned - to remember, the fact that we live in a material world, and most of us have to juggle finances and relationships etc.  So, learning about me and how I could survive in an often alien and unfriendly world, and yet still enjoy a more productive life encouraged me to stay and learn more.

There was no obvious moment of realisation on how I could improve my life.  I had no idea what my creative talents were, unlike others who knew they were healers or channellers.

I barely knew what to do with a crystal, I thought they were just pretty ornaments.  The topic of angels was a mystery to me.  So, learning about me, my hopes, fears and dreams for the future, was the first important step.

Interestingly, although as students we may have sometimes differed in outlook from one another, the one thing we all shared was our need to put what we had learned to good use.  We each felt compelled in some way to 'do something'.  Otherwise what was the point of our years of studying.  We all knew we had a life purpose and our common aim was to discover what that life purpose was and breathe life into it.

Therein lies the challenge that besets everyone on the earth plane regardless of faith, belief or tradition. 

 • Who Are We?  
 • Why Are We Here?  
 • What is our Life Purpose and Soul Function?

We all have a reason for being here irrespective of circumstances and duration.  We are all each other's teacher, and those living what may appear to be a lowly and unproductive life may be providing the most valuable life lessons for others.

It took me many years to realise what I could do to help others, and then many more to bring my goal to fruition.

The teachings of the Tree of Life that were passed onto me have continued to capture my attention for over 30 years.  They offer a very different perspective on life and many popular interests like the Law of Attraction, and the work of angels, can be found under its umbrella.

The Mystery School of Maat evolved into the Order of the White Lion.  The Order of the White Lion website is a teaching site dealing with all aspects of spiritual and physical life.

To learn more about the practical Qabalah and Tree of Life please visit Isis Qabalah Tuition.

To help others on their spiritual journey who feel they would benefit from a ground floor up approach there is a beginner series of Tree of Life workbooks available in pdf and paperback format.

We can also be found on Facebook.  Please take a look and 'like' our page.

More useful links:

Qabalah Articles

The Search for our Spiritual Self